Thursday, April 10, 2008

Leviathan Review

Leviathan's Massive Conspiracy Against All Life is simply amazing. I hope "Wrest" is doing well and has good people still looking after him. From what I hear, he's had a pretty tough stretch this last year or so. Hopefully he can pull his shit together and continue to keep working on his art, musical and otherwise.

My review of the new album printed this week in the North Coast Journal. I'll be curious to see the kind of impact this release has on the metal underground, as I expect many new listeners will be drawn to Leviathan. That isn't to say that Massive Conspiracy is "accessible" in a way that compromises sound for followers. I just think that this record's accomplishment, combined with a bit of already present black metal bandwagoning, will make this a pretty popular release, much to the chagrin of those knuckleheaded "kult" fans attempting to keep black metal an elitist club for young white suburban males with too much time on their hands.