Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Record Shops



For those of you that know me even in the slightest, you know I am a vinyl junkie. Well, this summer I somehow I found myself with time on my hands and a whisper in my ear that told me to create a Google map of record shops I frequent, or don't frequent, in the San Francisco and Humboldt Bay areas. Take it for what you think it's worth. I hesitate to call what I have done a guide, for it's more of a rambling narrative about my endless quest for vinyl. I hope that you will find it somewhat useful at most and mildly entertaining at least.

I didn't really have any criteria for this pseudo-project, except that I would be focusing on how decent a shop is based on their records. I considered price, quality, and service and tried to elaborate on points that I as a potential record buyer would like to hear. Please realize these commentaries are rooted in my experiences. It's okay if you disagree. I would actually encourage you to throw in some comments on this posting if you find yourself with different, or even the same, perspectives. So far I have 29 spots mapped and narrated, and I'll be adding more soon. If you know of additional shops I should include, let me know. If you have a similar map, I'll link you up. Cheers.

Click here!

No comments: